Dear future posterity,
Here's what your parents were up to this month!
- Shark Week!!!!!
- Jared finally agreed to walk around Costco with me and sample the samples - MIRACLE!
- We were invited to the High Priest End of Summer Party, and it was SO FUN. Hahahaha 1) the fact that we got invited and we are in the Elder's Quorum... 2) we were the ONLY young couple invited 3) we all were supposed to bring a wedding picture and then guess whose was whose 4) the entire party was eating and going around the circle and saying how you met your spouse - we left that party with our cheeks hurting. SO FUNNY. We love them.
- “Three toes” & Eustace...love them (from the TV show Mountain Men)
- Lots of afternoon & evening rainstorms
- Finished P90X!
- Lauren made the Skyline Volleyball team! My mom has now been a Skyline Volleyball Booster Mom for what, seven years? haha
- Jared's brother's wife, Britney, is PREGNANT!!!!!!!
- The Peabody (where Jared works) was sold to Hyatt
- Jared started his second and final year of school. He will graduate in May! WOOOO!
- THIS is hilarious.....Mormon humor.
- The world is slowly catching on... (click link)
^^Family picture at Wendy's...
^^Went to Magic Kingdom for the last time before our annual passes expired. Walked in, saw the billions and billions of people invading our precious Magic Kingdom, saw the beads of sweat forming on our foreheads, took one look at each other and said in unison, "Wanna go?" And back to the car we went...
^^Checked off an item on our bucket list and fulfilled one of Jared's dreams ever since his mission...went to a stock car race! It was SO FUN!!!! It was in Ocala - a beautiful, horse-countryish town two hours away from Orlando.
^^Lemme tell ya......this was my first real. southern. experience...and it didn't disappoint ;) Oh and we got there at 6:20pm or so...and the track was really muddy from the rain they'd received that week, so we sat there, for THREE HOURS, as a bunch of hillbilly trucks circled the track OVER AND OVER to try to pat it down. TOOK. FOR. EV. ER.
^^Loved all the boiled peanut trucks...
^J was in heaven!
^^And the best for last. :) The friend we made that night. He and his wife sat next to us. Jared started talking to him while the man was smoking his 15th cigarette of the night. They were really nice. Just really...you know...back country. :) He said all there is to do in that town is get drunk or go to the car race...
^^Babysat for our friends the Swains so they could go on a date. Oh my. I have no words. Needless to say, I was in HEAVEN!!!! Look at those babies!! Bayleigh was so cute - she wanted to play Spongebob Operation with Jared but was SO terrified of when it would buzz, so she would instruct Jared and then stand back 10 feet. When we were asking Bayleigh what game she wanted to play, she and Jared were standing at the game closet with the door open, and Bayleigh kept saying “Jake game, Jake game, Jake game” and Jared had nooooo idea what she was saying, and as I was watching from a distance, I saw him look at the game closet and then look at her, back at the closet and back at her, with an extreme look of confusion on his face.....haha I was dying.
But honestly the best part of the night, was when I was holding baby Natalie, who, bless her heart, did a LARGE toot/fart/gas and it was a very "wet" sounding one, and I looked up at Jared and he had a look of TERROR on his face...HAHAHAH I was laughing forever......!!!!!! Yes hub, one day you will have to face it...
^^I got to hold this sweet one all night. Ugh. In a good way.
^^Had an Elder's Quorum Party at our house. In each picture, the Swains are on the left and the Benches are on the right. The Swains just moved back to Utah (traitors) and the Benches have become good friends.
^^Helped our friends the Barwicks move out of their apartment...wahhhhhh
^^Went to the dinner show "Arabian Nights." HAHAHAHAHAHA. Word to the wise...don't go :) The words "low" and "budget" will give you a clue.
^^Wendy's..again...haha Jared's face, hahahaha (the fork came out of the package that way - and the middle things were little nubs)
^^Little Caesars & Jurassic Park date. Jared could not believe that his wife had never seen the very first PG-13 movie he was ever allowed to see, and has loved ever since, so I humored him for a little while...and then I asked if we could watch a different movie once the creepy dinosaurs started getting to me...hahahaha
^^Aldi has the BEST yogurt flavors! This has been my favorite recently.
^^SISTER HART!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Her dad was my boss when I worked at Aspen Grove the summer of 2009. She was a tiny little 14 year old and now look where she is....serving a mission in my Orlando ward! (PS. Like the photobombers?)
^^Helped the Barwicks with some housework.