- It has been so good to hear from my sister Mikele each week who is serving an LDS mission in Chile.
- Funny moment when Jared said "ugh" and put his head in his hands. For some reason I was laughing so hard!
- Me pretending to be interested in golf but really just watching the Masters with Jared because I love watching sports with him. (Let's be real, golf is B O R I N G, sorry hub :)) Also a tornado in a nearby area was happening while we watched, needless to say it was raining pretty bad in our area (love thunderstorms!) and they kept breaking to weather alerts--annoying!
- This girl is SOOOO funny and what she said in THIS post is sooooo true!
- Jared finished his first year of grad school! WOOOOOOOOO!!!
- On April 22nd I had my first real day of work as a permanent employee.
- I read these two books and highly highly highly recommend them! (Thanks Ruth & Dad!) I think I will start giving engagement gifts instead of wedding gifts and will give people these two books together!
|Had to include a pic of my favorite seasonal candy...notice a trend here? Christmas Reeses, Easter Reeses...|
Okay. You really don't even want to hear the chicken story. But I'm going to tell you anyway. My friend buys meat from a wholesale place because it's a lot cheaper. I thought I'd join her on her order and so once she received the order she dropped my part off at home and Jared put it in the freezer (I wasn't home). I get home, pull it out of the freezer, and see it's in a white plastic trash bag. That's it. Twenty frozen chicken breasts now formed together in a big ball of chicken in a white plastic trash bag (my friend had picked up the chicken raw-not frozen-and put it in a bag and given it to Jared). I showed it to Jared and was like.....uh......and then I texted my friend and she said, "Oh no, I should have told you not to freeze it and to separate the breasts or cook it all!" HAHAHA. So here Jared and I have seriously a basketball size of chicken not quite sure what to do with. The next couple days I leave it in the freezer....avoiding it because I'm not sure what to do with it...and then finally my public health mind flips and says okay this needs to get taken care of. I take it out, try to defrost it in water, find I don't have a bowl big enough for it to sit in with water covering it, as you can see above, not even my biggest pot fit it, and below you can see my biggest bowl didn't fit it....Jared gets home from school, takes the ball of bird outside and starts chiseling away with a knife and hammer trying to BREAK CHUNKS OFF BECAUSE HEAVEN HELP US..WHAT DO WE DO! Hahahah I was seriously dying as I watched him. That didn't work, so I finally found a bowl big enough, left the chicken submerged in water for a couple hours, oh my gosh I'm gagging as I write this, the chicken becomes soft enough for me to be able to take a knife and slowly chisel away at the ball while it's still submerged under water...oh my gosh sick sick sick. I put some of the ball chunks in my crock pot, and the rest I throw on the stove to boil. NINE SANDWICH BAGS LATER all of our gosh forsaken chicken is cooked.
And I didn't even want to eat it after that.
And we still have 3 bags left of it in our freezer. Hahaha. What. A. Memory, huh hub??!!!!
|Can you believe that?????|
|Jared's car reached 88,888 miles!|
|This is a bag of sunflower seeds I bought Jared before we embarked on our cross country journey last August to move to Orlando. In April he finished it. Good job hub!|
|We babysat the world's cutest and most well-behaved baby while her parents went on a date for Lindsey's birthday. Ah he is so handsome. And please can we have a baby as beautiful and calm tempered as Tayli???|
|We compromised and watched the BYU mens volleyball team play in the playoffs and NBA basketball at the same time. That's how we do :)|
|Who knew there was such thing as Administrative Professionals' Day? I didn't!|
|There is a lake behind our office and there are two gators living in it that we discovered.......|
|We were able to take a newly baptized member in our ward to the temple for him to do baptisms for the first time. It was really really special and he is an amazing man.|
|Jared and Jonas|
|Pretend I don't look pained here...|
|Thanks to Pinterest I cooked cookie dough on the bottom of a muffin pan to create a cookie ice cream bowl! It was genius!|
April was a wonderful month, and we truly continue to feel the hand of the Lord in our lives. We have been able to be involved in the missionary work down here and it has been so fulfilling and joyous. We are grateful!