What a fun month December was. Here's what we were up to before we went home for a magical week in Utah!
- Pinterest led me to the best Christmas activity called the 25 Days of Christ. Before I discovered this I really wanted to not focus on the commercial side of Christmas and this website really helped me. I also enjoyed using THIS scripture chain and THIS one too. Next year I want to try THIS.
- Jared accidentally locked himself out of our house, and instead of waiting an hour for me to get home, he decided to break into our house via the garage door lock. And he was successful. BOY DO I FEEL SAFE
- We went to Sea World a couple more times to see their Christmas shows. My favorite show there is O Wonderous Night and yes ever since I discovered that it is posted on Youtube I have watched it many times. It is so amazing!!!!!! Watch it!
- So instead of buying sliced cheese we buy a big block of it and just slice pieces off of it. We use the same ziploc bag to put new blocks of cheese in once the previous one runs out, and I guess we used the bag for too long because Jared decided to smell it one night and he started laughing harder than I've ever seen him laugh before....hahahahaha it smelled SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will never forget how hard he (and I) laughed.
- I also laughed so hard when Jared choked on some water and said, "Ah! I almost drowned." hahahahaha (Jared will be lucky once we finally have children because then I will probably quote them more than him...unfortunately I am the writer of this blog so he doesn't have anywhere to write all the silly things I say. Sorry Jared!)
- Poor Jared got a bad cold right before we left (and lucky me got it after him) and so he bought some Zicam to help fight it off. He didn't know he wasn't supposed to sniff it up his nose like you are Afrin; he was just supposed to let it sit in his nose. He snorted it a couple times while I was in the same room and he kept complaining and sort of saying loudly how bad it hurt and that he got the world's worst brain freeze every time he did it. I would just look at him kinda weird and say sorry. But then once I finally realized what he was doing I had the laugh attack of the century and told him to NOT snort it!! After that it was a much more pleasurable experience for him. Also, the best part is that he kept calling it "Zipcam." lolololololol
^^Setting up Christmas! This was the same night that it took me 2.5 hours to get home from work. Ugh.
And of course this gem:
^^The Pickle! When the Jepsens were visiting Orlando last April they bought it for us at Epcot at the German part of the park. The Pickle is a German tradition where whoever finds this ornament on the tree first on Christmas morning gets an extra present (our family altered it to opening the first present).
^^Thank you dear mother and dear mother-in-law for the adorable Christmas decorations!
^^Went to Hollywood Studios to see the Osbourne Family Lights. Soooo amazing!
My favorite song they do:
^^We FINALLY got screens for our doors and windows. Prior to this, I'm pretty sure the air circulating in our house has been the same ever since we moved in. Yum!
^^We went with some ward friends to Disney's Grand Floridian resort to see the life sized gingerbread house and huge poinsettia Christmas tree.
^^There was even a store inside the gingerbread house where you could buy Christmas treats! Oh my I was in heaven.
^^NECTAR OF THE GODS. The only reason I love it so much is because I force myself to not think about what I'm actually drinking...
^^We went to downtown Celebration (a quaint community built by Disney) which was super cute to walk around, and we also went to see their falling "snow"!!!! (soap suds) Haha it was the closest we could get to the real thing ;)
^^Oh my. The "ice skating rink" that I was so excited to see. Oh wait. It was plastic. PLASTIC.
^^A cute home in Celebration.
^^My sister Mikele and I bought this together in Claire's probably like 7 years ago and this was my second time wearing it I think?
^^Thought process during my lunch break: "How glorious the day will be when Jared will be working and I will be at home..."
^^Went to the Cheesecake factory. We've had gift cards there forever but the time we tried going before it was so crowded and they don't take reservations and pretty much we turned around and went home. This time we got there at 5:30 and beat the rush!
^^My dish was okay...it was kinda swimming in grease (literally), but still, any food you don't make is yummier than the stuff you do make, and see Jared's burrito? Yeah that thing was bigger than his head and neck (vertically)!
^^And this was....self-explanatory.
^^The pretty Christmas tree in the mall.
^^Look at that beautiful creation! Oh and the snowflakes too.
^^So here's the story of the year. I drew my sister Aly's name for Christmas. To sum Aly up, she likes bling and she likes sweats. Could she be more opposite? Haha. Well after we ate Jared and I did some Christmas shopping. I walked into Victoria's Secret sister store called "Pink" (yes Jared went into a more manly store, thank goodness. It bothers me when men are in these stores) looking for something along the two adjectives I listed above. All of the sudden my eyes spot the most beautiful piece of clothing...ABOVE. I start freaking out and couldn't believe that I found the perfect gift for her thirty seconds into my search. I tell myself, "Okay your absolute max is $50." I look at the tag and....
You've got to be kidding me.
Luckily, Google helped me find something similar at Kohls for $22. Much better.
^^We went to Epcot's Christmas Processional. I would describe it as the Motab Christmas concert on a much smaller scale. Unfortunately it started raining really hard while we were waiting in line so we gave up and ran for cover (our one umbrella and one blanket for 5 people wasn't cutting it) so after the rain died down we decided to not even get seats but just stand from the very back (it was an outside event). They do a great job!
^^Afterwards we went driving around looking at Christmas lights in the Barwicks' neighborhood. Ugh look at Tayli!!!! She is so cute.
^^A cozy December night. Oh wait, it was warm enough to open the screen door.
^^Had a really fun time making my Great Grandma Kramer's delicious apple cake and delivering it to people in the ward. You better believe I wore those dollar store antlers as we delivered them! Jared on the other hand...
^^My visiting teaching companion came over and and when she came inside she held something huge behind her back. I said, "Monica..." and she said, "So, I remember about a year ago at our very first VT appointment when you joked about how you and your husband only eat oatmeal because it saves you money but you really miss cereal but don't buy it because you would go through it so fast and spend lots of money...well MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!" She held out two huge Costco boxes of cereal and I screamed! I said, "Monica....I LOVE YOU!" hahahahaha Jared and I are STILL in heaven about this.
^^I love this series of pictures of Jared watching one of the Home Alone videos. Hahaha he laughs like a little boy when he watches those! It is the cutest. We wish all movies had good, clean humor like that.
^^Loved getting these pics from home. Lauren is so beautiful.
^^The gingerbread house started sliding apart so they decided to let Jace demolish it.
^^Cute Jace & dad skiing.
^^A couple nights before we flew home we went to the temple. After we got out of the temple I really wanted to drive around and see the Christmas lights in Windermere which is one of the nicest communities in Orlando. We at the temple after work which meant we were in two cars...but that didn't stop us! So we just talked on the phone as we drove by the homes.
A few days later we flew home for 9 glorious days!! Stay tuned!