Life is good. BUSY. And good. Just the way I like it. I've been keeping a running list of funny things to mention in our November update...moments from November that just had to be recorded in our family history.
- My hair decided to fall out like crazy for a couple days. I'm talking CRAZY, chemo-like hair-loss. Thank goodness that stopped!
- My sister Mikele randomly called me from Jerusalem and she just so happened to call during my 1-2 PM lunch hour break...she had a 1 in 8 chance of calling me during my lunch time and the planets aligned!!!!
- We went to our ward picnic at Moss Park and it was really fun. My favorite part was watching Jared play football with the men from our ward. I love watching him have fun with the guys.
- The best part: on our way home from the picnic, we were driving through a toll that required 4 quarters (it was weight sensitive so you had to put quarters in, not anything else), and the person in front of us tossed a flimsy $1 BILL into the dispenser/bowl/collecter...hehe.
- We were able to attend a fireside put on by Sister Heidi S. Swinton, the woman who wrote President Monson's biography. It was amazing!!! She was such a good, engaging speaker and it was so fun to learn more about our prophet's life. He truly was prepared/prepped by the Lord to be our prophet.
- Our favorite TV shows right now are X Factor, Shark Tank, and Pawn Stars. We look forward to our favorite TV shows like crazy! It's fun to have something to look forward to together.
- I have to tell the funniest story. By the end of each night I am just wasted from a long day of work, etc. One night we were sitting on the couch reading scriptures. I was slouched down on the couch, with my head resting on the top of the couch cushion. Jared was reading, and I could feel myself fading fast. I tried so hard to stay awake. I suddenly heard Jared say, "Carly? It's your turn." No big deal, I woke up and started reading. But then I feel myself start to fall asleep again. I decide to sit up so that I can't fall asleep. Jared starts reading again and then turns to me, but I am asleep AGAIN and I jolt awake. THEN, later, he is talking to me after scriptures and I fall asleep mid-sentence and he has to wake me up again!
- We have been watching some really cool Christian movies and it's been a nice break to all the bad ones out there. Some of the movies include Fireproof, Saving the Giants, and Courageous. I think my favorite was Fireproof--it was such an incredible movie about marriage. Here's a link that explains the different Christian movies: Sherwood Pictures. They're all made by the same Baptist church.
- THIS blog post makes me laugh so hard every time. She is hilarious!
- Last funny story: I made some pumpkin chocolate chip bread for the girl at work who trained me for the first few weeks I was there. Apparently, no one at work has ever had it before because they were all talking about it FOR DAYS. Almost every day at work they ask when I'm going to make it again. They kept saying "What a good combination! I've never had pumpkin combined with chocolate chips!" It was just so funny to me because I've grown up with that. Must be a Utah/Mormon thing!!!
|EARLY voting line: Amount of people in front of me|
|EARLY voting line: Amount of people behind me|
|Such a sad night. But I guess prophecy is coming to pass.|
|Disney with friends|
|Went and visited Disney's Polynesian Resort. So beautiful!|
|We received a gift from heaven in the mail...an Olive Garden gift card from my parents.|
|Literal slice of paradise from Olive Garden. Pumpkin cheesecake.|
|My favorite candy ever. Got this bag at Target on discount after Halloween. $0.86!|
|Disney at Christmas time!|
|Went to visit the new Disney Fantasyland. Here we are in Gaston's Tavern. It was so cool!|
|Had to try Le Fou's Brew. I asked Jared to describe it and he said, "It tastes like frozen apple beer from Chuck-A-Rama." Haha there you go! It was really good.|
|The Ariel ride|
|Be Our Guest restaurant|
|I also got to volunteer for the Relay for Life Event. It was amazing!|
|I saw these super sized Reeses cups at the grocery store. I used my phone so you could scale their size. HUGE! I want!|
|Jared works at the building (the Peabody Hotel) with the toothpick tower sticking up. I pass it on my way to work!|
|Cooking homemade mashed potatoes (first time ever!) and cookies for Thanksgiving|
|...while watching the Macy's Parade and dog show|
|Leaving their house we saw lots of Christmas lights. People set up Christmas stuff very quickly after Thanksgiving!|
We leave for SLC in 4 days....we are so excited!!!!!!!!!